Monday, April 18, 2011

Mexico 2011

Scott and I decided about 21 days before we left that we were going to go to Mexico with some neighbors who we are very good friends with.  We stayed at the Excellence in Playa Mujeres which was an all-inclusive resort just north of Cancun.  My mom was able to come and watch the boys.  She now knows how busy our lives are and I even helped her out by having neighbors help out as well.  We are very grateful that she was able to hold the fort down while we were gone.  Also thanks to Chelsea and the kids for helping out on the weekend as well! I posted a ton of pictures so I hope you dont get bored with them all.  Below is Brandon and Scott snorkeling off the beach.  Megan and I decided to stay on our chairs and read while they looked for critters and shells. 




Here we all are at a restaurant that I believe was one of my favorite meals there.   


We are trying to take a nice picture but Scott was not cooperating:)


Still not working so we gave up.


Megan and I posing for a picture.  At least we can keep our eyes open.


Scott with one of the bartenders.



One of my salads that looked really neat so we took a picture.


In Mexico they have iguanas that are just walking around.  I wasn't so sure about this and was always on the lookout for in particular that lived under the bridge that we crossed daily to our room.


Scott posing with one.  Scott and Brandon thought about trying to catch one until they found out that they can bite and they are really fast.

Eating breakfast overlooking the pool and the ocean.


A morning on the beach all hanging out.



The pool by Megan and Brandon's room which was a little more relaxing than the main pool.  We would come and nap some afternoons.


The nice bartender by their pool.


Here we all are napping.  Me on the raft, Megan asleep in the background on the couch and Brandon relaxing in the chair.  Scott ran around and took pictures instead.

A few pictures of us before we went out for dinner. 






Here we all are at Spice which was another favorite and our last night at the resort.  


Our cook and waiter for the night.


Brandon posing for a photo with the cook


Our rice in the shape of a heart.




 Every night there was a show and this was the circus show which was really neat.  Below is a girl with hula hoops.


Two guys balancing on each other.  They were very interesting to watch.


Every night we ended up at the dance club and this night decided to cool off in the pool.  Megan and I are in the hammock relaxing after finding Brandon's pool key on the bottom of the pool:)



The beach.


View from our room.


The beach.



A restaurant.


Pool overlooking the beach.


Swim-up car.


Photos of our room.



Looking at the spa and lazy river form our room.


 A restaurant.


Our bathroom area.


View at night of the spa and lazy river. 


We had a small pool out on our terrace with was nice.



We had a ton of fun and hope to do it again!!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a "great time!' I could have used a vacation after the busy week, haha. No I feel very priviledged to come and spend time with my boys. I just can't get enough of them when I need to drop them off all the time. Sorry for the strike outs I had. Hoping I can do it again someday, (before I get much older.) Thanks also to Chels for getting me through the weekend.

    ReplyDelete